Walnut Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes (Vegan):
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 1/3 cup Buckwheat pancake mix
1 1/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
large handful of chopped walnuts
small container of blueberries
- Soak Chia Seeds with 4 tbsp of water for 10 min.
- Pre-heat skillet to medium temp
- Add buckwheat pancake mix and almond milk and mix
- Fold in walnuts and blueberries
- The blueberries sweeten it up enough for me however, you can add honey for added sweetness or stevia. (honey of course is not vegan)
- Add butter or oil to the pan. I use Earth balance soy free vegan butter. If I’m using oil I prefer Avocado Oil.
- Scoop out pancake mix onto the pan leaving a little room for them to spread. (They don’t spread as much as traditional pancakes)
- When they bubble you want to flip them and cook another minute or two.
- I enjoy them plain but you can add maple syrup or honey.